Friday, December 02, 2011

Age Of Consent [Live] - New Order 1984


by Dick Mac

In 1984, I attended a New Order concert at the Boston Opera House.

The venue was a fantastic place to hear music, and the opera company had done a nice job renovating and decorating the place.

A few songs into the show, it was clear that either (a) the band didn't have a sound man who could actually present their music in this venue; or (b) the band just didn't care how they sounded and we just going through the motions in a perfunctory manner.

Whatever the reason, I turned to my friend Judith and said, "Let's go to dinner."

We walked out of the show and had a lovely dinner at Cornucopia and drank the night away.

The band didn't sound anything like the band performing in this live performance of the brilliant song, "Age Of Consent":



Although I did not witness it first hand, I heard a rumor that the audience got so angry about the shittiness of the show that the opera house got trashed.

If anyone was there and can confirm that rumor, I'd love to hear a first-hand account.


Dead Enz
Kyle G. Brixton






Dead Enz
Kyle G. Brixton


No comments: