Thursday, June 09, 2011

Vacation [Live] - The Go-Go's


by Dick Mac

Today is my last work day before vacation (it's all I ever wanted)!

I stopped being a fan of the music video by the late 1980s. Every song became a little movie, generally a really bad little movie. There was the occasional brilliant music video (Madonna, Michael Jackson, David Bowie all come to mind), but they were rare.

Today the videos are better quality - there's now an entire generation who has grown-up with music videos, and the current consumers are much more demanding than my generation ever thought of being. We were happy to get a new album, never mind an actual movie that went along with it.

Like last year, I will post music videos during my vacation. Just for you.

Come back tomorrow and every weekday next week for more music.







No comments: