Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding

by Dick Mac

The 30 Day Song Challenge has been presented to me by my friend Beff. The month of April will be dedicated to those thirty songs.

Well, I am already married and the wedding songs have already been played.

The music was all rather traditional wedding music, and we had a wedding band that was originally known as the Dick Mac Wedding Garage Band and is now known as Firefly: I danced with my mother to "What A Wonderful World" and my wife danced with her father to "Daddy's Little Girl."

The band played all our faves and added a few of their own. They played Roxy Music's "Do The Strand" which, even if you don't care for the song, you have to admit is a pretty cool song for a wedding band to perform!

Our wedding song was "Wild Is The Wind." Originally recorded by Nina Simone, and later a minor hit for Johnny Mathis, our selection was the David Bowie Version:





No comments: