Monday, March 03, 2008

Supporting Obama

Tomorrow is election day in a number of states; most importantly in Ohio and Texas. Tomorrow could make or break all the remaining candidates.

I have discussed problems with both of the Democratic candidates, and I dislike Clinton more than I dislike Obama.

So today I asked an old friend for her position on the Democratic candidates and she said something that has moved me deeply. After stating her support for Obama, mostly because of his position on the War, she wrote:

I also think we should respect the wishes of the young-who are all into Obama.

Perhaps the young are onto something with Obama. Perhaps I should be listening to the 18-24 year olds. God knows that the 25-75 year olds have made a God-awful mess of things the past 28 years, so maybe we really should be listening to the young who seem to be supporting Obama across the board.



Dick Mac Recommends:

Not Quite What I Was Planning
Larry Smith, Rachel Fershleiser






No comments: