Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Howard Stern Defends Ellen

by Dick Mac

I didn't hear about this when it happened.

I've always wanted to be a fan of Howard Stern because he is so smart.

But, he supported Ronald Reagan for President, which helped to create an entire generation of young men who think it's cool to be right-wing, Republican, and tell tit jokes, just like their un-cool dads.

I also tire, very rapidly, of tit jokes and lesbian jokes inserted into political discourse.  It shows my stupid side when I resort to name-calling to get attention.  Don't get me wrong:  I do it; but I know it isn't good for my argument.  It equally destroys credibility. Howard Stern has made these a permanent part of his schtick and it kills most of his credibility.

Don't even get me started on his current "reality TV" job!

I know that, except for his endorsement of Ronald Reagan, his misogynistic discussions of women and lesbians, and his crude humor about homosexuals,  he generally has pretty good politics.  Well, OK, perhaps I am being too generous.

Still, this is an impressive discussion of the incident when a tiny group of women masquerading as mothers wanted JC Penney to fire Ellen Degeneres as a spokesperson because she is lesbian.



Right on, Howard!



No comments: