Thursday, May 24, 2012


by Dick Mac 

From what I can tell so far this morning, I did not have the winning numbers for last night's Power Ball drawing.

It's always exciting when the jackpot gets up to a hundred million dollars and for two bucks (less than the cost of a cup of coffee in many places) you can dram a little.

How soon would I leave my job?

Would I keep my job for an extended period for the benefits until I figured out how the hell you're supposed to get health care for your family in the failed American health care system.

How much would I give away and to whom?

Would I stay in my current home?  For how long?

Would I hire a majordomo or just get help as I needed it.

What kind of car would I buy?

Would I get a beach house or a place in the mountains?

Would I buy a home in a foreign country?

How much would I put into stocks, bonds, funds?

Do I have friends that need an investor for a project?

Could I save my daughter's school from closing?

It would be emotionally draining.

So few of us ever get to live out those challenges.

Virginia Fike, of Berryville, VA, recently had the emotional challenge of processing a million dollar lottery win.

Twice.

In the same day.

Congratulations!

When is it my turn?

Virginia Woman Wins $1 Million Lottery Twice in the Same Day




No comments: