Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio: Born This Way

by Dick Mac

The 30 Day Song Challenge has been presented to me by my friend Beff. The month of April will be dedicated to those thirty songs.

Gaga is everywhere.

I like her.

It's often the second album that shows what an artist or band is made of. Off the top of my head I can think of a few bands that just bored the hell out of me when their second release, hot on the heels of their remarkably successful debut album, left me bored and irritated.

The Police, U2, Steely Dan, The Cars, B-52s, all come instantly to mind when I think about tiresome second releases.

I mean, if that's what you are going to put out as your second album, perhaps you should have just made your first LP a 2-record-set.

So, I look forward to Gaga's second album (perhaps it has already been released and I don't even know). I do know that the single was released and it was OK. It gets a lot of airplay.

I almost never listed to the radio, but "Born This Way" is on television a lot, so it must be on the radio, too:







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Candy-0 not a tiresome second release :)