Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 15 - A song that describes you: Monkey Man


by Dick Mac

The 30 Day Song Challenge has been presented to me by my friend Beff. The month of April will be dedicated to those thirty songs.

I thought maybe David Bowie's "Young Americans" or The Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated" would be appropriate selections; but, then I realized it had to be a Stones song.

Would it be "Get Off My Cloud"? "Shattered"? "Dead Flowers"? "Memory Motel"?

Then I decided to be slightly silly about it and pick "Monkey Man."

All my friends are junkies; that's not really true. . . .
I'm a cold Italian Pizza and I need a lemon squeezer. . . .

What does any of this even mean?!?!? Who knows!

Still I've always loved this song and I have chosen it as the song that describes me.

I'm a sack of broken eggs, I always have an unmade bed. . . .
I hope we're not too messianic, or a little too satanic. . . .







No comments: