Friday, April 08, 2011

Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to: Baby I'm Yours, by Barbara Lewis

by Dick Mac

The 30 Day Song Challenge has been presented to me by my friend Beff. The month of April will be dedicated to those thirty songs.

Well, there are many, of course. All the Bowie, most of the Elvis, a huge percentage of Beatles and Stones, The Supremes, Ella & Louis. I know all the words to a lot of songs.

So, I tried to remember the first song to which I knew all the words, and I thought perhaps it was "Bits & Pieces" or "Glad All Over" by the Dave Clark Five, but then I realized I never really, clearly knew all the words because they were sung and produced in that marvelous English way of ensuring some of the words are unintelligible.

So, I thought of American songs from the early- to mid-sixties that I heard a lot and sang along with. That's when I remembered Barbara Lewis' songs "Baby I'm Yours" and "Puppy Love."






No comments: