Friday, April 01, 2011

Day 01 - Your Favorite Song: Tears Of A Clown, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles


The 30 Day Song Challenge has been presented to me by my friend Beff. The month of April will be dedicated to those thirty songs.

I don't know how many records this song sold, but I think it might be the most popular song ever recorded.

It charted in every country that keeps charts of record sales, and it was played on radio stations all over the world when it was released.

It's a love song, a sad song, a happy song . . . it has something for everybody. It even mentions Pagliacci!

I have never heard a version of this song I didn't like. I would probably even like the version Sting would release, because it's just that great a song; it transcends talent.

Too bad Janis Joplin isn't alive to give us her rendition.



The runner-up for my favorite song is also a Smokey Robinson song:





No comments: