Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's Your Song?

by Dick Mac

At my ninth birthday party I received three 45 RPM records among my other gifts. I will always remember them: "Funky Broadway" by Wilson Pickett, "I Say A Little Prayer" by Dionne Warwick, and "Nobody But Me" by The Human Beinz. They were not the first singles in my collection, but I remember them like it was yesterday.

There's a website that tells you the number one song on the day you were born, or any other day.

While Nancy Mac was enjoying the honor that was bringing me into the world, some radio disc jockey somewhere in the United States was announcing that "Get A Job" by The Silhouettes was the number one song in the country. Meanwhile, a jock at BBC Radio was announcing that Perry Como's "Magic Moments" was the pick hit to click in post-war Britain.

What was the number one song on your the day you were born?

Go to This Day In Music and let me know.





No comments: