Thursday, February 04, 2010

Focus On Watching The Super Bowl

by Dick Mac

Oh! And there are two teams playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday: the New Orleans Saints and the Indianapolis Colts.

For the record, I hope New Orleans wins.

I accepted an invitation to a Super Bowl party way back in December before Christmas. The whole family will visit some friends and enjoy the party. I won't stay for the Super Bowl, but I'll eat the food and enjoy the company. There's always a gang of people who have no interest in the game, and I will chat with them until kick-off, then I will go home.

I know there are people who must watch it. People who oppose Focus On The Family, or are indifferent about them, who care about choice and gay rights and sex education. I know some people I love and respect will watch the game and I will still love them and respect them.

My challenge to those who are going to watch is that you make a monetary donation to Planned Parenthood or NARAL in honor of the Tebow family. Tomorrow's blog post and the Facebook group Focus On The Super Bowl will provide links to these organizations so you can honor the Tebow family by supporting choice.

Here's an article that made me feel like I am not terribly cynical: Tebow's Super Bowl ad is fine, but it does open the floodgates, by Andrew Heller



Support Doctors Without Borders in Haiti

No comments: