Tuesday, October 31, 2006

One Week Until Midterm Elections

It looks more and more like the Democrats will take back the house in 2006. I know this is supposed t be good news, but now that the Democrats are as far to the right as the Republicans, I don't think it will make any difference.

During the primaries earlier this year, I worked for Jonathan Tasini in his effort to unseat right-wing poster girl, Hillary Clinton.

Tasini received 117,986 votes for 17%. Not bad, considering Clinton's war machine makes the Marine Corps look like a bunch of pansies.

It is rather obvious to me that Clinton will win re-election to the Senate next week.

I have a fantasy that the 117,986 New Yorkers who voted for Tasini will continue their protest against Clinton's brand of faux liberalism by voting Green.

If you are a New York voter, please consider voting for Howie Hawkins. Send a message to the Democrats that they don't automatically get all our votes.




Happy Halloween!

No comments: