Thursday, October 19, 2006

Go Mets!

Tonight I will take the Flushing line to Shea Stadium and watch Game 7 of the National League Championship Series (NLCS) between the New York Mets and the St. Louis Cardinals.

I have not been to a baseball game since I saw the Red Sox defeat the Yankees in an ALCS game a few years back.

I've only attended one World Series game: Game 5 of the 1986 World Series between the Boston Red Sox and the New York Mets at Fenway Park. (See the "Baseball" article below.)

I abandonded baseball when Dale Petrosky, president of the Baseball Hall of Fame, abandonded America. (See the "Bull Durham Debacle" article below.) I now only attend playoff games when tickets are easily available. No easy feat in New York City. Hence, it is rare I attend baseball games.

I was a huge baseball fan for many many years, as evidenced by some of the writing linked below.

Baseball

Brooklyn's own Marianne Moore

Baseball Hall Of Fame – The Bull Durham Debacle

Watery Beer

Sex, Lies and Videofilms

Kirby Puckett

No comments: