Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dies Cinerum

Mardi gras has ended and today is Ash Wednesday, marking the beginning of Lent.

Lent is a time for spiritual growth. It is an excellent time for fasting, meditation and prayer. I find Lent to be a very magical time.

Ash Wednesday reminds me that my body is merely physical and that it will come to pass; but that my spirit will live forever.

In this journey of life, how will my spirit impact those around me?

Some years ago, a spiritual advisor gave me abook of meditations, The Desert, An Anthology For Lent. I read it every year. Today it suggests:
The way you must go is the
way you already know.

He has set it in your heart.
The solitude will speak to you.

- Derek Webster

I hope your day is blessed and joyous.


Dick Mac Recommends:

The Desert
John Moses






No comments: