Friday, May 13, 2005

Joke - The Wailing Wall

A female journalist in Jerusalem hears about a very old man who has been going to the Wailing Wall to pray, twice a day, everyday, for a long, long time.

She wants to check it out and sets-up for a few days at the Wailing Wall. Eventually it became clear who he was.

She watched him pray about 45 minutes each time and on the fifth day she approached him for an interview before he departed.

"Excuse me, sir, I'm Rebecca Goldfarb of CNN International and I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions.

The old man seemed put-out, but agreed.

"How long have you been coming to the Wailing Wall?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace among Christians, Jews, and Muslims. I pray for all the hatred to stop and I pray for all our children to grow up in safety and friendship."

"And, how do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a friggin' wall."

Thanks to Bobo for sending this along!


Dick Mac Recommends:

Visconti's Inventory
Tony Visconti






No comments: