Tuesday, November 02, 2004

"I'm voting for John Kerry because I'm a Christian."

Finally, a Christian is stepping forward to talk about how the current American regime's policies are completely unChristian. Wonderfully, the speaker is the current American president's second cousin!

I am voting for John Kerry today. I hope you will, too!



"Jeanny House (Wisconsin): I'm voting for John Kerry because I'm a Christian. I know that my second cousin, George Bush, claims that he is the anointed leader of the American people and that God told him to run for office. I believe he may even believe that. I don't.

"My Christian faith leads me to a concern for the poor and the marginalized, yet Bush's actions in office have repeatedly cut funding for health care, aid to failing schools, jobs programs, after school programs, Head Start, and many more services that provide real help and hope to those living in poverty. Under the Bush administration, over a million additional people have dropped below the poverty line. 1.2 million more have gone into "deep poverty," which is one-half the $18,810 for a family of four that defines "poverty."

"My Christian faith leads me to a concern for the health and welfare of all of God's people, yet 45 million people in this country have no health insurance. The Bush administration, working hard to protect the interests of large, rich insurance companies, has done nothing to address the real health care crisis.

"My Christian faith tells me the peacemakers are the blessed ones, yet George Bush wants to resurrect the Crusades, one of the most shameful experiences in Christian history. I fail to understand how lying to the people of the United States about any of the many justifications they have used for going to war in Iraq can be considered in any way, shape, or form a remotely Christian activity. Yes, Jesus once said, "I come not to bring peace, but a sword." He was talking about liberating his OWN people from within, not invading an oil-rich country out of purely selfish motives, then claiming it was for the liberation of others. The only true liberation comes when the oppressed claim it for themselves. This is something George Bush and his Imperialist cabal will never understand.

"My Christian faith moves toward greater inclusiveness and acceptance, George Bush moves toward punishment, division, and exclusion. My Christian faith seeks to bring people into the circle of decision-making, George Bush seeks to keep them out. My Christian faith seeks to afford equal rights and responsibilities to all, George Bush seeks to reserve more rights for the privileged few.

"My Christian faith is not looking for a new Messiah named George Bush.

"I am, however, looking for a leader. I believe that leader's name is John Kerry."



AMEN, sister!

The Bush Relatives For Kerry website is wonderful. Unpretentious and direct, it is published by a group of people speaking-out against the evil that is the current American president and his empire of fundamentalism!



If you won't vote for Kerry, please vote against the current regime.



Mrs. Mac says VOTE!


For our New York friends, Mrs. Mac provides this information for finding your polling place. It is imperative that we all vote, and sometimes polling places are moved. Call now to confirm the location of the polls for your precinct!

Toll Free: 1.866.VOTE-NYC (1.866.868.3692)
Outside of New York City: 1.212.VOTE-NYC
TDD: 1.212.487.5496



The Rabbi Predicts


Read The Rabbi's Predictions.



I voted!


At 10:15 A.M. I voted John Kerry for President, on the Working Families Party ticket. It's good to vote. I hope you will vote to remove the current American president from office.



No comments: