Monday, March 29, 2004

Fundamentally Entertaining!

As fundamentalists around the world use holy writings to perpetrate their inhumanity against humanity, it's time we had a little fun with them. While American fundamentalists are using the teachings of Christ to disenfranchise homosexuals and women, and Israeli fundamentalists are using the Bible to disenfranchise the Palestinians, and the Iranian fundamentalists are using the teachings of Mohammed to disenfranchise pretty much everyone in their nation, I found this take-off on the 23rd Psalm entertaining. I received it from my friend Karen who received it from her mother. If the fundamentalists can distort the Bible, so can we!

Bush is my shepherd, I shall be in want.
He leadeth me beside the still factories.
He maketh me to lie down on park benches.
He restoreth my doubts about the Republican Party.
He guideth me onto the paths of unemployment For the Party's sake.
I do fear the evildoers, For thou talkst about them constantly.
Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy deficit spending,
They do discomfort me.
Thou anointeth me with never-ending debt,
And my savings and assets shall soon be gone.
Surely poverty and hard living shall follow me.
And my jobless children shall dwell in my basement forever.


Peace.