Sunday, June 05, 2016

A Poem on the Annihilation of Ernie Terrell


by Dick Mac

Marianne Moore and Muhammad Ali
Toot Shor's restaurant 1966

A Poem on the Annihilation of Ernie Terrell
     by Marianne Moore and Muhammad Ali, 1966

After we defeat Ernie Terrell
He will get nothing, nothing but hell,
Terrell was big and ugly and tall
But when he fights me he is sure to fall.
If he criticize this poem by me and Miss Moore
To prove he is not the champ she will stop him in four,
He is claiming to be the real heavyweight champ
But when the fight starts he will look like a tramp
He has been talking too much about me and making me sore
After I am through with him he will not be able to challenge Mrs. Moore.


May they both rest in peace.

Muhammad Ali (1942 - 2016)
Marianne Moore (1887 - 1972)


No comments: