Friday, May 04, 2012

Back In My Arms Again, The Supremes

by Dick Mac

The Supremes ruled supreme until The Beatles hit America.  In the 1960s, The Supremes and The Beatles had more number one hits and more gold records than any others.

This video is from the television show Hullabaloo, and the host predicts that this would be their sixth gold record.

Of course this was their sixth gold record.  How could they go wrong with lyrics like:
All advice ever got me is many long and sleepless nights.

Each time we make romance, I',m grateful for a second chance.

Flo, she don't know, 'cause the boy that she loves is a Romeo.

I listened once to a friend's advice, but it's not gonna happen twice.

Written by the brilliant team of Holland-Dozier-Holland, "Back In My Arms Again" appeared on the album "More Hits" and reached #1 in the US and #40 in the UK.

Enjoy:










No comments: