Monday, February 27, 2012

Obama Mix Tape


President Barack Obama's handlers released a playlist for his re-election campaign.

I didn't know candidates did such a thing. But, now that I know they do, I'd like to see the playlist from Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, et al.

Romney's will likely be most interesting, because it would be like a Top 40 radio station: the list would change regularly depending on the mood of the consumers.

Here is Obama's list:
  1. Different People – No Doubt
  2. Got to Get You in My Life – Earth, Wind & Fire
  3. Green Onions- Booker T & The MG’s
  4. I Got You – Wilco
  5. Keep on Pushing – The Impressions
  6. Keep Reachin’ Up – Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators
  7. Love You I Do – Jennifer Hudson
  8. No Nostalgia – AgesAndAges
  9. Raise Up – Ledisi
  10. Stand Up – Sugarland
  11. This – Darius Rucker
  12. We Used To Wait – Arcade Fire
  13. You’ve Got the Love – Florence and the Machine
  14. Your Smiling Face – James Taylor
  15. Roll with the Changes – REO Speedwagon
  16. Everyday America – Sugarland
  17. Learn to Live – Darius Rucker
  18. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
  19. Mr. Blue Sky – Electric Light Orchestra
  20. My Town – Montgomery Gentry
  21. The best thing about me is you – Ricky Martin ft. Joss Stone
  22. You are the Best Thing – Ray Lamontagne
  23. Keep Marchin’ – Raphael Saadiq
  24. Tonight’s The Kind of Night – Noah and the Whale
  25. We Take Care of our Own – Bruce Springsteen
  26. Keep Me In Mind – Zac Brown Band
  27. The Weight – Aretha Franklin
  28. Even Better Than The Real Thing – U2
  29. Home – Dierks Bentley




The absence of Jay-Z is glaring. I thought Obama was a big fan.

There are only five songs that I would bother with, and perhaps three or four more that I wouldn't turn off.

Still, it's an impressive list for a Commander-in-Chief.

Perhaps our country can be brought (kicking & screaming) into the 21st Century.

No comments: