Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Burn Baby Burn

by Dick Mac

News stories like this will never cease to amaze me.

We have become a nation that is unable to protect its own citizenry from a danger as simple as fire. As a species, we have been working with fire for thousands of years.

Now we handle it like this?

How are we supposed to maintain a military, schools, roads and bridges, or anything else, if we can't maintain and control fire.

Who have we become that fire fighting and fire safety is now fee-for-service?

I know that we hate health care in America, and it must remain a profit-centric industry. But firefighting?

Really?

We are going to continue to let people's homes burn to the ground because it is more important to have the rich pay less taxes than to keep the citizenry safe?

Is this what liberty is about now? It is! Right?

The government shouldn't be in the business of anything?

If I want to have my home protected from fire, I need to subscribe to a firefighting service.

Really?

Would my so-called "conservative" and so-called "libertarian" friends please explain to me why this is how we should handle fire protection in our society?

Please.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Tennessee family home burns while firefighters watch

As I predicted in October, 2010, we are seeing a repeat of an absurd situation.


Dead Enz
Kyle G. Brixton



No comments: