Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Reagan: The Economist! Bachman: The Adoring But Clueless Admirer!

by Dick Mac

First he was an actor, then he was president of Screen Actors Guide, then he became a politician. He was Governor of California, and then reached the highest office in America . . . No! not CEO of Goldman Sachs, silly: the President.

Long dead, he is now called a "great economist." I like the way we re-write history to make our heroes seem even more heroic.

For my tax plan, I take a page out of one of my great economists that I admire, Ronald Reagan . . . I want to reinstitute the Reagan tax model from the 1980s.
- Michelle Bachmann

This is a brilliant idea! If we returned to the tax model of the Reagan years, we could probably get out of debt and revitalize our treasury!

Bachmann: 'I Want To Adopt The Reagan Tax Plan' (Psst…Those Taxes Were Higher!)

Sure, taxes fluctuated between 30% and 50% during Reagan's administrations, but, he knew that taxes played an integral part of running a nation. Today's leaders campaign on the notion that taxation is bad, giving credence to the insane anarchistic notions of libertarians.

Taxes must be collected.

It is not wealth re-distribution as the rigfht-wing likes to say. It is collection of monies for fees and services rendered by the government that built the most amazing society in history.

Even if we don't change to the tax levels of 1984, I sure wish the right-wing would treat taxation the same way as the right-wingers of 1984.


Dead Enz
Kyle G. Brixton



No comments: