Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate: De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da, The Police

by Dick Mac

The 30 Day Song Challenge has been presented to me by my friend Beff. The month of April will be dedicated to those thirty songs.

I liked The Police for a minute. Their first record was pretty amazing, a sound that nobody was making at the time. I saw them perform early in their career and they were pretty exciting.

Then their second record was released and, well, it was just like the first, and then the third was released and it was just like the previous two, and I was long done with them.

I came to loathe the lead singer's solo career (even though I have probably seen him perform live more than most of his fans); and I loved the drummer's side project Klark Kent.

To this day, I don't quite get all the excitement about The Police; but this selection wasn't a sure thing. There is an equally irritating band that also had a wonderful first record followed by a long string of similar records that sound so alike I dare you to discern one from the other. This time, though, I chose The Police over U2.

And here is a hateful song from a band I hate:





No comments: