Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bettye LaVette singing "Love Reign O'er Me"

by Dick Mac

Believe It Or Not . . .

Sometimes even I don't really have much to say. Especially when a cold has settled in my sinuses, and at times like this, fewer words are better.

Perhaps even silence is the way to go.

So, instead of offering my long-winded opinion about something today, I offer you this video of Bettye LaVette singing "Love Reign O'er Me" at the Kennedy Center Honors show:



From Bettye LaVette.com:
On his blog at TheWho.com, the legendary axe-slinger [Pete Townshend] said, "My favorite moment was when Bettye LaVette sang a very fine version of 'Love Reign O'er Me' at the Gala and Barbra Streisand turned to ask me if I really wrote it".

I love Bettye's latest record, and I highly recommend it:


No comments: