Friday, April 27, 2007

Thinking



"We never know who is affected by what we do or say," a spiritual adviser once told me. "So," he continued, "we must always behave in a manner that is respectful and honorable." I often fall short of that advice; but, it is sound advice.

I write this blog every weekday, and spend some time on the weekend researching. It's a labor of love: a little vain, a little lame, but all me! It means a lot to me that people read my rantings and sometimes leave a comment or send me an email message. It really means a lot! I don't think I say "thank you" to my readers enough, so "Thank you"!

In February, 2007, the Thinking Blog originated the Thinking Blogger award.

I learned last night that ellaella, the publisher of the blog From Scratch A lot of chatter about food (and a little about politics) considers my blog one of the five that "make me think"! Wow!

Thank you, ellaella!

With this honor comes a responsibility for me to share with you the five blogs that make me think. I give you the five (5) blogs to which I award the Thinking Blogger Award:

Left I on the News - A very thoughtful blog that sparks me to think long and hard about my pre-conceived notions of the world.

The Rabbi Report - My fave film, music, and social critic. He's rather dapper, too!

Danny Schechter The News Dissector - Danny was the news guy on the old WBCN-FM during my teenage years. He was the ultimate radio newsman who helped form my ability to analyze the news and see past the headlines.

Cavebat's Beast Blog - Lori, in The Bronx, always hits the nail on the head. She can discuss and analyze economics, politics, music, painting, or fingernail polish with a sensibility that leaves me begging for more.

TomDispatch - A regular antidote to the mainstream media.

My humble nod to the five writers/publishers above comes with responsibilities:

1. If, and only if, you got tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of your award.

3. Optional: Proudly display the "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link back to them.



Dick Mac Recommends:

Twelve
Patti Smith






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome. (And I fixed the typo last night....) Your list looks compelling.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dick. Compelling reading here as always.

When you get a moment, could you adjust my url please? It's now:

http://foodpluspolitics.com

Thands so much and I hope you had a great summer.