Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Philanthropy

In the past I found Bill Gates to represent all that is wrong with American business. My opinion of him changed when his wife convinced him to start giving away some of his billions. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is one of the most important organizations on the planet and the Gates do more to help those in need than anyone else in the world.

Next on my list of unfavorite Americans might be Warren Buffett. Yes, he is tremedously successful, but so what.

Then, he did what I least expected him to do: he gave 85% of his fortune, thirty billion dollars, to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

My opinion of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett has changed over the past few years, and I was happy to watch the two of them, along with Melinda Gates, interviewed by Charlie Rose on PBS.

You can watch it at Google Video by clicking this link.


Dick Mac Recommends:

Sometime in New York City
John Lennon, Yoko Ono, The Mothers






No comments: