I was going to ask her if I could link it here, and then the day got away from me.
Then the little item below arrived from my friend Dave and I was faced by an item-of-the-day conflict. Do I go the porn route or the soft-jazz spirituality route?
It's not an easy debate when you are as physically and mentally ill as me.
It got later and later and later and the time differences made it sorta silly to try to get the needed permission to expose a dear friend as a fetish goddess in a porn mag.
So . . . I changed my mind and just went with this:
01. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
02. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
03. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have, or sleep all you want.
04. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
05. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
06. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
07. Believe in love at first sight.
08. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
09. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don't judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
15. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
16. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
17. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
18. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
19. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
21. Spend some time alone.
Dick Mac Recommends: