Friday, March 04, 2005

A Mix

I will be seeing my sister this weekend, and she goes crazy for 1970s pop music. I knew I had to make a mixed CD as a gift, and I wondered exactly how far down the pop food-chain I could go.

My Maria - BW Stevenson
Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
Billy Don't Be A Hero - Bo Donaldson
Knock Three Times - Dawn
Give Me Just A Little More Time - Chairmen of the Board
Hooked On A Feeling - Blue Swede
Changes - David Bowie
Band Of Gold - Freda Payne
Don't Pull Your Love Out - Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds
Want Ads - Honey Cone
I'm Not My Brother's Keeper - Flaming Ember
Rock The Boat - Hues Corporation
River Deep, Mountain High - Supremes
Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) - Looking Glass
Brother Louie - Stories
Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka
I Am Woman - Helen Reddy
Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers
Go All The Way - Raspberries
Pay To The Piper - Chairmen of the Board
Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder
O-o-o-oh Child - Five Stairsteps
You're So Vain - Carly Simon
Someday We'll Be Together - Supremes

Sure, some of these are classics, but most are not. How many of these songs can you sing-along? It's embarrassing to realize I know the words to some of these songs!



Dick Mac Recommends:

Freda Payne's Greatest Hits







All of this month's posts


Previous month's posts







No comments: