Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Another Playlist

Well not so much a playlist as song list.

My friend Joe gave me an iTunes gift certificate for my birthday and it took me weeks to put together the list of files I wanted to download.

Did I want to find obscure cuts I'd been missing for years? Yes. Did I find some? Yes. Did I want to find some not-so-obscure hits I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I like? Well, of course!

Alphabetically, this is the list of songs I added to my library:

Academy Fight Song by Mission of Burma
Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy by Kid Creole & The Coconuts
Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In by The 5th Dimension
Don't Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston
Don't Talk to Me About Love by Altered Images
Downtown by Petula Clark
Harper Valley PTA by Jeannie C. Riley
Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel by Tavares
Hound Dog by Big Mama Thornton
I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
Indiana Wants Me by R. Dean Taylor
Johnny Come Home by Fine Young Cannibals
King of the Road by Roger Miller
Louie Louie by Toots & The Maytals
Mannish Boy by Muddy Waters
Rock 'n' Roll Nigger by Patti Smith
Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat
The Twist by Chubby Checker
Up-Up and Away by The 5th Dimension
Who Are You by The Who

Some of these songs I hadn't heard in twenty, twenty-five, thirty years, or more! What a treat!



Dick Mac Recommends:

His Best
Muddy Waters







All of this month's posts


Previous month's posts







No comments: