Monday, February 07, 2005

How To Get Out Of An Avalanche

"I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."

I don't know if a non-drinker could save himself using this method, but a Slovakian man trapped in his Audi under an avalanche in the Tatra Mountains peed his way out from under the snow by drinking from the 60 bottles of beer he had in his car!

According to an article published by Ananova, a news service of the Orange telephone company, "Rescue teams found Richard Kral drunk and staggering along a mountain path four days after his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

Wow!



Original Ananova article



Thanks to Frank for sending this along.



Dick Mac Recommends:
Visconti's Inventory, by Tony Visconti




No comments: