Thursday, January 06, 2005

Top 25 Best Brit Pop Songs Ever

A panel of English music industry and media types drew up a list of the best 25 British pop songs since 1977. I love lists like this!

I have never heard of some of these songs, and I even lived in England! Why is a Bee Gees song a "British" song? I thought they were Australian? Am I mistaken? (I know so little.)

Still, I am happy to see my favorite song of all time, "Heroes" at the top of the list! Had they made the list the "best songs since 1978," would there be a David Bowie song on it? Same with the Bee Gees! Have they had a "best" song since 1978?

  1. Heroes - David Bowie
  2. We Are The Champions - Queen
  3. Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
  4. Night Fever - Bee Gees
  5. London Calling - The Clash
  6. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
  7. That's Entertainment - The Jam
  8. I Don't Want To Talk About It - Rod Stewart
  9. Look of Love - ABC
  10. Golden Brown - The Stranglers
  11. True - Spandau Ballet
  12. Careless Whisper - George Michael
  13. Holding Back The Years - Simply Red
  14. Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
  15. Sacrifice - Elton John
  16. Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack
  17. Why - Annie Lennox
  18. Fields of Gold - Sting
  19. Kiss From A Rose - Seal
  20. Wonderwall - Oasis
  21. Angels - Robbie Williams
  22. Yellow - Coldplay
  23. Babylon - David Gray
  24. Leave Right Now - Will Young
  25. Dry Your Eyes - The Streets


Do you have a Top 25 since 1977? I don't know if there are 25 songs I have liked since then!



Dick Mac Recommends:
"Heroes"
David Bowie




No comments: