Friday, January 14, 2005

Geldof Denies Cocaine At Live Aid, Says Bowie Massage Was Best High

Bob Geldof denies he was high on cocaine while he organized the Live Aid benefit twenty years ago. One thinks the lady doth protesteth too much, as William Shakespeare (or Oscar Wilde) might proffer!

Do all nouveau riche deny their past like this?

His denial is limited to the day of the event, on which day he says nobody offered him any. That's all fine and good; but I find it hard to believe that a new wave musician cresting a wave of success in the mid-1980s consumed no cocaine while organizing a huge international event and surrounded by his peers who all freely admit they consumed the substance at every possible moment during the same time span. Well, maybe he didn't, but I doubt it!

The best quote from this recent denial is that the only high Geldof had on the day of Live Aid was that "(David) Bowie gave me a massage, which I have to say is the best I have ever had."

Well, in the mid-1980s I always said that if only David Bowie would rub my back, I wouldn't have needed all that cocaine either!

The story at contactmusic.com



Dick Mac Recommends:
Live Aid





No comments: